Monday 1 December 2014

How to make a Spicy Chicken Wrap with red pepper and tomato salsa

Hey Guys,

So I'm bringing a new recipe to my fellow adventurous cooks!
This one is one I stole from the madre, if you know her, you know her food be slaying. She made me one for lunch for my Law firm event and I fell in love so got back to Manchester and decided to make my own spin on it.

INGREDIENTS:

Tortilla Wraps (If you want it more healthy, get whole wheat ones, they taste just as great)
Chicken Fillet/ Breaded Hot and Spicy Chicken
One Red Pepper
1/2 Tomatoes
Half an Onion
Lettuce
Dollop of Mayonnaise
A tablespoon of oil
A teaspoon of tomato puree
Seasoning (All purpose, parsley, chilli powder, maggi)

RECIPE:
First, if you are using a breast fillet, season the chicken and put it in the oven. Personally I preferred the Iceland breaded hot and spicy chicken, it tasted great and brought the whole meal together but if you feel the need to know exactly what goes into your mouth then you can season a breast fillet as well, I would advise coating it in bread crumbs for the added flavour though.

2. Chop up your onions, tomatoes and red pepper.

3.  fry them in as much oil as you feel is required, I suggest about a tablespoon. Add a tiny bit of tomato puree to thicken it then season. My choice of seasoning was a Maggi cube, Parsley, a tiny bit of curry powder, the good ol All Purpose seasoning and a lot of chilli powder.

3. Lay out the Tortilla, cut the breast fillet into about four portions and assemble 2 on each tortilla wrap or if you are using the Iceland breaded chicken use 2 to a wrap.

4. Place the tomato and pepper mix on top. Then add your lettuce to the mix and smear on a little mayonnaise.

5. Pop back into the oveN for about 5 minutes to cook the tortilla. Take them out, cut in half and Enjoy!

This literally took me under an hour to make so whenever you're feeling a little peckish and want a quick healthy bite to eat. You know what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment