Sunday 6 September 2015

It's Okay To Fall Down #LifeLesson3

Hey Guys,

A good friend took me ice skating for the first time yesterday and I genuinely had an amazing time. I spent the 1st hour clinging desperately to the side of the rink but in the last 10 minutes I was skating completely unaided but still close to the side of course. Did I fall smack on my bum/face/hands/everywhere a couple of times? Yes! I did and a couple of little kids laughed at me. I don't blame them, I laughed at myself too. Did I keep bumping into people and getting evils from parents? Yes that also happened a few times more than I would have liked.

But the point is that I didn't really start to make progress until I became unafraid of falling. When falling no longer seemed that big a deal, I became more confident and took more risks. Which in turn gave me a greater chance of learning to skatw. The risk of falling is in every thing you do in life. If you try anything worth doing you stand the chance of failing at it. You might not like it but the quicker you accept it, the better  for you.

It's not whether you fall or not, because most likely the chances are you will, you can't help that. What you can help is whether you get back up and try again or give up and sit on the sidelines and watch other people achieve it. Did I feel embarrassed at having a large group of people see me Hi-5 the ice a few times? You already know the answer. But the embarrassment quickly dissipated when I learnt to laugh at myself and realised actually it's OKAY to fall down. It just means I'm getting closer to the goal.

Don't let your pride be the reason why you don't achieve. Fall down as many times as you need to just make sure you get back up!

Bee
xx

Check out Life lesson 1 here!
Check out Life lesson 2 here!

For my Vlogs and Videos- Check them out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment